The Factory is committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your Personal Information. This Policy describes how The Factory collects, protects, uses and discloses Personal Information in the course of its operations, as required by PIPEDA.
“Personal Information” means information about an identifiable individual, but does not include information about a business or aggregated information that cannot be associated with a specific individual.
“PIPEDA” means the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, S.C. 2000, c. 5, as may be amended from time to time.
“Privacy Officer” means the individual(s) appointed to oversee and be accountable for The Factory’s compliance with the Policy and the PIPEDA.
“Record” includes any correspondence, memorandum, book, plan, map, drawing, diagram, pictoral or graphic work, photograph, film, microform, sound recording, videotape, machine-readable record and any other documentary material, regardless of physical form of characteristics, and any copy of the foregoing.
Principles of fair information practices
The Factory is responsible for all Personal Information under its control and has designated the Business Manager as the Privacy Officer to be accountable for compliance with this Policy and the PIPEDA. The Privacy Officer may delegate any responsibilities set out in this Policy to another employee of The Factory. All employees of The Factory who will have access to Personal Information will be informed about this Policy and its implications and will receive training in the proper handling of Personal Information.
The Factory collects Personal Information through its website and on-premises kiosks and in-person for the following purposes:
- to create and maintain a user account for each guest of The Factory;
- to create and maintain a master schedule of guest activities;
- to communicate with guests for the purpose of confirming activity registration, providing a copy of signed waivers and providing general information relating to The Factory;
- to maintain systems for billing and the collection of payments;
- to process transactions and administer services;
- to respond to website inquiries;
- to promote upcoming events and offers (only if you opt in);
- to comply with insurance requirements, including accident investigations; and
- to assemble demographic and other information to assist The Factory with long-range and strategic planning (collectively, the “Purposes”).
The information we may collect in order to fulfill the Purposes includes, without limitation:
- name and contact information, including address and postal code;
- credit card or other payment information;
- age and/or birth date;
- existing medical conditions or allergies (to assist with onsite medical assistance);
- biometric data (i.e. height and weight), where this information is required in connection with the activity in which you are participating;
- photographic identification to identify you as a registered guest; and
- status as the parent or guardian of a minor, if applicable.
In some cases, you may provide us with Personal Information relating to a family member or other individual. By providing us such Personal Information, you represent that you have the consent of that person, or his or her parent or guardian, to use the Personal Information for the Purposes.
When you visit The Factory website, your web browser sends us certain information, depending on the web browser that you use and your security settings. This information may include your IP address, the name and version of your operating system, the name and version of your web browser, other technical data information, whether you accessed the website from a computer or mobile device, when you open emails that we send to you, the date, time and duration of your visit to the website, and geolocation data. This information helps us with system administration, traffic reposting, and auditing. It also helps us better understand our guests, how they use our services, and what we can do to improve their website experience. The Factory may use the information to offer you products or services and to create aggregate statistics.
Your consent to The Factory’s collection, maintenance and use of Personal Information for the Purposes shall be deemed to be obtained and is understood to be implicit upon your submission of Personal Information, whether through our website, kiosk or in-person registration system, unless explicit instructions are received not to use the information for any of the Purposes. In such case, The Factory’s ability to provide services to you may be impaired.
Except as may be required by law or where disclosure is legally permitted and determined to be in the best interests of The Factory, acting reasonably, The Factory will obtain your consent prior to the disclosure of Personal Information where disclosure is for a purpose other than the Purposes.